- Sick Visits
- Chronic Care Conditions
- Annual Well Exams
- Medicare Annual Wellness
- Holtor Monitor
- Stress Tests
- In-Office Lab Draws
- Cerumen Removal
- Foreign Body Removal, Skin
- Nail Removal
- Skin Biopsy
- Abcess Drainage
- Laceration Repair
- Cryocautery of moles, skin cancers, cysts, warts, and skin tags
- Joint Injections
Bio-Identical Pellets & Creams
Synthetic Injectable & Rx
Studies have shown that Hormone Imbalances can be the root of other conditions many of us experience, such as:
- Cardio vascular disease
- High cholesterol
Bioidentical Hormone Pellet Therapy is an established and well-studied hormone replacement procedure using plant based bio-identical hormones. These bio-identical pellets provide a higher and more consistent absorption in the body than traditional synthetics.
- Energy, mental focus & clarity
- Lean Muscle Mass
- Bone Density
- Libido & Sexual Health
- Muscle Soreness
- Stiffness and Joint Pain
Pellet therapy is for both men and women. We are excited to offer this option for hormone replacement. To find out if this could be and option for you, call our office at (817)377-8820 or use the contact section of our Website for more information.
Supportive Care Referrals
Medications such as buprenorphine, in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies, provide a whole-patient approach to the treatment of opioid dependency. When taken as prescribed, buprenorphine is safe and effective.
Unlike methadone treatment, which must be performed in a highly structured clinic, buprenorphine is the first medication to treat opioid dependency that is permitted to be prescribed or dispensed in physician offices, significantly increasing treatment access. Under the Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000 (DATA 2000), qualified U.S. physicians can offer buprenorphine for opioid dependency in various settings, including in an office, community hospital, health department, or correctional facility.
SAMHSA-certified opioid treatment programs (OTPs) also are allowed to offer buprenorphine, but only are permitted to dispense treatment.
Buprenorphine offers several benefits to those with opioid dependency and to others for whom treatment in a methadone clinic is not preferred or is less convenient. The FDA has approved the following buprenorphine products:
- Bunavail (buprenorphine and naloxone) buccal film
- Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone) film
- Zubsolv (buprenorphine and naloxone) sublingual tablets
- Buprenorphine-containing transmucosal products for opioid dependency
Refer to the product websites for a complete listing of drug interactions, warnings, and precautions.
How Buprenorphine Works:
Buprenorphine has unique pharmacological properties that help:
- Lower the potential for misuse
- Diminish the effects of physical dependency to opioids, such as withdrawal symptoms
- and cravingsIncrease safety in cases of overdose
Dr. Bernstein is SAMHSA Certified to prescribe buprenorphine as part of a comprehensive treatment plan that includes counseling and participation in social support programs.
If you find yourself or a loved one in this situation, our office wants to help. Dr Bernstein has a deep desire for your success in this treatment. He and his staff are committed to a compassionate, yet structured and private program to assist in recovery.
Electronic Medical Records
As we strive to implement new ways to improve your care and improve our efficiency, we use electronic health record technology. We think you will see the following:
- Faster refills on prescriptions. Our orders are transmitted directly to your pharmacy (no more doctor’s handwriting!)
- Newer and better ways to see if you are up to date with preventive health care.
- Easier and faster scheduling of appointments and consultations with specialists.
- Fewer questions from insurance companies due to more sophisticated claims submissions and documentation integrity.
- Respect for your privacy, and security for your medical information. Our electronic health record system is protected by state-of-the-art firewalls and encryption.